Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I'd Like to Thank the Committee...

Actually, I'd like to thank, MrsDragon, for nominating me for the Honest Scrap Award! For adorable little dragons, be sure to check out her Etsy Shop MrsDragon; and for charming flower cards, go to InkandVine.


Here's how the Honest Scrap Award works:
- I must thank the person who gave me the award and list their blog and link it
- I must list 10 honest things about myself
- I must put a copy of The Honest Scrap Logo on my blog.
- I must select at least 7 other worthy bloggers & list their links
- I must notify the bloggers of the award and hopefully they will follow the above requirements.


1. I'm pretty much a jeans and T-shirt kind of girl, but love an opportunity to dress up every once in a while (unfortunately, it very rarely happens, though). I also usually don't leave the house without some kind of bronzer, concealer, mascara combination.

2. Despite the history of skin cancer in my family, I still worship the sun. I love the feeling of warmth and energy that comes from it. I do it smart and wear sun tan lotion, though.

3. You can take the girl out of the city, but you can't take the city out of the girl. I moved away from the city (NY) a few years back and know that I will always miss it. It's a part of me.

4. I am a complete neat freak. I absolutely believe that everything has a place and it belongs in it's place.

5. I'm finding myself completely befuddled with the thought that I have to figure out what I want to do when I grow up... again. I already figured that out and was doing it!

6. Despite being skeptical about Facebook for a good long time, I've secretly become slightly obsessed with it. I really need to make a fanpage for Athena's Armoury!

7. True to the stage manager inside me, oftentimes I need to think things through and come up with a plan, a backup plan, and a backup to the backup plan before acting. Most things usually don't require this much effort, but that's the way my brain is wired.

8. I'm a water baby. I used to swim so much as a kid that my grandmother would call me Esther Williams. I'm still happiest in or near water: the beach, pool, in a bath...

9. Pretty sure that I would be perfectly content to work from home and make chain maille to sell at ren faires for a living. I need to figure out a way to support myself while I get started on that though. Any ideas?

10. Although I usually try to be diplomatic and kind, I am a fairly straight forward, honest person and will tell you what's on my mind.

And now, seven bloggers to pass on the award to:
1. Mermaiden Creations in the Otherworld
2. the art and tree chatter of aquariann
3. Thyme2dream ~ Fae Elven Fashionista
4. Evie's Tool Emporium
5. ErtheFae's Meandering Thoughts
6. Darkling Woods Studio
7. Elle Belle For Chic Mommies and Pampered Babies

3 comments:

Evie's Tool Emporium said...

Wow! Thank you! I will have to give this some honest thought!
Michelle-

mermaiden said...

I enjoyed reading your honest scraps! How was the challenge of self-reveal?

Thanks for passing on the award- I'm working on my post now ;]

Athena's Armoury said...

Thanks for playing, guys! I have to admit, it was difficult coming up with 10 things to share.