Friday, September 4, 2009

Friday Finds - Women's Equality Day

Women's Equality Day was on August 26, but in the flurry of being busy at work, hating work, and being home trying not to think about work I was totally sidetracked and didn't have an opportunity to highlight it. For this week's Friday Finds, I'd like to highlight a few special women who broke through barriers.


For more on Susan B. Anthony, check out my Women's History Month feature on her here.


I love this artist's description of Marie Curie: "Marie Curie didn't just climb over sexist road blocks, she was like a wrecking ball demolishing assumptions about women and their skills and intelligence." Read more about her in the item description.


For some more info on Victoria Woodhull, check out my Woman Warrior post about her here.

3 comments:

Aquarian Bath said...

OH my gosh. I want a Victoria Woodhull shirt! That is an awesome shop!

Cory

mermaiden said...

THANKS to these women and the many others who paved the way for the rest of us today, so that we can keep building the road.

Athena's Armoury said...

Cory: Her whole shop is pretty awesome. Check it out!

Julie: I honor and respect these women so much.