Sunday, April 25, 2010

Simple Joy Sunday

Finding the simple joys each week...

I got do a whole bunch of fun crafty stuff this week as I finished making preparations for my market event for my 3 Day fundraising. I had so much fun playing with paper, glitter glue, yarn, etc! Yeah, it was for a purpose, but it's so much fun being creative for creativity's sake.

As usual, the Herb Society meeting made me happy. I made a new friend and may be able to take a soap making class with her. I'm really excited about the class since I still have not mastered the art of soap making.

Again, this is 3 Day related & will be included in tomorrow's progress report in more detail, but I just wanted to say... I had so much fun fundraising at the Tampa Downtown Market on Friday! And then when I got home, I iced my feet, had a beer, and read some of my book. It was such a great day!!

I've been insanely busy for the last few weeks, so now that my mom's visit is over, I think (I HOPE!!!) things might be evening out with my feet (I just need the inflammation to go down so I can start training again), and my first big market event for the 3 Day is done, I'm feeling so much better. I slept a solid ten hours after the market and woke up feeling so much more refreshed than I have in a while.

I spent the day on Saturday lounging around the house, reading, repotting herbs, making myself a breast cancer awareness chain maille bracelet to wear out, doing pilates..... It was the relaxing, do nothing day that I've been craving. It was so nice to do all of those things and thoroughly enjoy them.

My herbs were in such dire need of attention. I had basil and dill that needed to be repotted and the new herbs that I got from the Herb Society meeting this week needed homes: I've added a nasturtium, some lettuce, Tulsi (or Holy Basil), and Perilla to my herb garden. Unfortunately, I also discovered mealybugs on my lemon balm -- I am none too happy about that. Regardless, it was so nice to spend some time with my greenlings.

Saturday night, Scott & I went to see a band play. It was so much fun actually getting dressed to go out on a Saturday night! That may sound kind of lame, but with our work schedules, we almost never get a chance to go out on a date nonetheless a date on the weekend. It was so much fun!

As always, check out more Simple Joy Sundays over at Cool Zebras. What were some of your joys this week?

Oh! And don't forget to check out my raffle: ALL proceeds to benefit breast cancer research! It's super easy: check out the amazing goods, buys tickets (which really means donate to my fundraising for the 3 Day), and comment on my blog to let me know. That's it!

No comments: