Monday, October 11, 2010

Help Me Raise $3,000 to Fight Breast Cancer!

Hello lovely readers! No, I haven't fallen off the face of the Earth but I feel like I've been walking all over it! Actually, I have been walking a lot which is why I haven't been around here much. When I'm not at work lately, I'm walking. Walking to find a cure, that is. Since I registered for the Susan G. Komen 3 Day for the Cure, I've walked 442 miles, raised awareness at numerous public events, and garnered a whopping $2,588 to go to the fight against breast cancer!!

October is, of course, Breast Cancer Awareness month. The most important thing you can do this month is take care of yourself: eat right, get exercise, schedule a mammogram, remember to do your monthly self exam. The idea here is prevention.

I also only have 19 days left until the 3 Day! Crazy to think that in 19 days I'll be starting my 60 mile journey. There are quite a few personal reasons, but I don't think I'll be able to participate in this amazing walk again next year so I'd like to make my mark this time around. I want to raise $3,000!! There are a few ways you can help me do that:

-Let people know what I'm doing! Spread the word and send them to my donation page.

-Check out my Pink Warrior Collection. Thanks to Blue Buddha Boutique who very generously donated all jump rings, ALL proceeds from the purchase of each item goes straight to my fundraising. Plus, for the rest of the month, you will receive a FREE silicone awareness bracelet with each purchase.

-Every couple of days, I'll be posting a new Pink Ribbon goody. All you have to do is make a minimum donation of $5 and I'll mail you the featured item. Quantities are limited so make sure you grab 'em while you can!

-And, of course, you can make a straight donation. Or you can see if your company will do matching gifts. Or you can make a donation in a few installments. There are so many options!


Today's Pink Warrior goody is this fabulous Find the Cure Pink Lanyard.
If you're a 3 Day walker, it's perfect for carrying your credentials at the event. All you have to do is go to my donation page and make a minimum (yup, I'll take more!) donation of $5 and I'll mail it to you (make a comment here so I know to send it). I only have three left, so don't wait!!



And lastly, the 3 Day folks do something really cool for us walkers. They set up a post office at camp. Yup, not only am I walking 60 miles, but I'm also camping during those 3 days. In a hot pink tent. Anyway, I'd love to hear from you!! Card of encouragement, a letter of motivation... I'm not going to lie to you: walking 60 miles is exhausting and a little bit of support goes a long way! If you'd like to send me some love, it must be postmarked by October 19!! You can write to me here:

3-Day for the Cure
ATTN: Janine Vanderhoff
P.O. Box 41611
St. Petersburg, FL 33743


Thank you all so much for your support!!

No comments: