Sunday, April 17, 2011

Simple Joy Sunday

I can't believe it's Sunday already!  This week went by super fast!!  I also realize that the only blog posts I've done lately have been this Simple Joy Sunday series but it's helping me get back into the swing of things. =)

I was really touched this week by the comments that I've gotten about the soap I've made so far.  I've given away bars of my Lavender Oatmeal Soap and my Creamy Castile Soap to a bunch of people to get some feedback and have been blown away with their reveiws.  I really wanted to wait until I had a new banner and graphics before I started listing my herbal goodness in my shop, but I may have to at least start adding my soap sooner since people are actually asking for it.  Makes me so happy to hear!  Plus, this week I made a new flavor: Cinnamon Clove Spice Soap.  It smells sooooooo yummy!!

I attended a really interesting webinar this week about Natural Pet Care.  It was actually really thought provoking and I love learning new things.  Talking about the webinar could be a blog post in itself but suffice to say that it really made me think about things for Jack's (the official kitty of Athena's Armoury) sake.

There has been a bunch of scheduling BS going on with my part time job that has made me extremely cranky.  Obviously that's not a simple joy but the kick in the pants it's giving me to start listing new stuff has been!  I got two more new pieces listed this week and have many more to come that need to be photographed.  The crankiness is also making me think of different ways I can try to earn money so that I can create my own schedule so as not to conflict with calls for theater work.  Ultimately, that would be perfect: if I could work from home and be a stagehand.

I tend to be a bit of a loner, so this week when a friend from the Herb Society asked me to do something I, surprisingly, came out of my shell.  We had a deliciously fresh lunch, watched Eat Pray Love, and took a walk on the beach.  Overall, it was a really lovely afternoon and something I very much needed.

What were some of your simple joys this week?  Share below or write your own blog post (we can exchange links!).  I'd love to hear!

  

3 comments:

Kate said...

I'm kinda calling them 'One Word Wednesdays' now but the theory is the same, I think: Contentment.

AJ said...

My simple joy this week was finding a song that I liked in a foreign language and using the power of the internet to find a translation in minutes :) I love living in a time where I can break down language barriers in practically a snap of my fingers!

Athena's Armoury said...

Those are great simple joys! Thanks for sharing, guys!