Sunday, August 7, 2011

Simple Joy Sunday

It was a pretty boring week around here, but let's see if there aren't a few highlights...

I've stuck to the 30 Day Shred despite wanting to call in sick one day and despite not seeing the drastic results that I keep (unrealistically) expecting.  Scott keeps reminding me that it's the 30 Day Shred, not the 12 (or whatever) day shred and to chill out about the results; valid point, I guess.  I made a commitment to myself to get healthy and to get in shape and sticking this out for this month and planning what I'm going to follow it up with next month is a HUGE part of that commitment.  It makes me proud to think that when I set my mind to something like that, I do make it happen.  Now, if only I can carry that strength and commitment over to other areas of my life...

Scott and I went to see Captain America this week.  Really fun movie, I highly recommend it.  Scott is a big old, self proclaimed geek so of course he knows all about all of the comic book characters in the movies of late.  I don't.  But that's okay because Captain America was a great stand alone movie for someone that doesn't know all of the mythology behind the character.  Also, we snuck in snacks to avoid paying $20 for popcorn and soda.  =)

Once again, I want to send out a big thanks to all of my friends on the internet that keep giving me a thumbs up when I ask for it!!  I've been earning $1 here and there every time I reach a thumbs up goal through Crowdtap.  In addition to that, I'm donating a portion of that dollar and Crowdtap is donating 5% of every dollar to Susan G. Komen to fight breast cancer.  I may not be walking this year, but I'm still doing what I can, when I can.  Plus, those extra dollars that I'm earning for myself through Crowdtap are going towards helping me pay for a couple of things I can really use for work but don't have the spare cash to purchase. So... Thank you!!

I started working on a new recipe for herbal body powder this week.  I think I like the base, now I'm starting to play around with ideas for what herbal powders to add to it.  This is so fun for me!

My blog was stuck at 178 followers for the longest time and all of a sudden, I'm up to 182!  I know it's not a drastic jump, but four new followers within days of each other was a fun little surge.  Hi, new followers!  Thanks for following!!


In closing, I'd like to share with you a super fun video that Planned Parenthood released in celebration of :
"The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) has ruled that birth control is basic preventive health care and should be made available to millions of women in the United States without a co-pay. This ruling is a giant leap forward for women's health."


Hope you enjoy the video!  Also, I'd love to hear what made you happy this week, so share in the comments below.  Have a great Sunday!


2 comments:

Della said...

That was a cool video!

So many things made me happy this past week, I don't know how I would ever choose just one :D

Athena's Armoury said...

So glad to hear you had such a great week, Della! Sounds like you're counting your blessings.