Thursday, June 18, 2009

Themed Blog Posts Starting With Friday Finds

I used to love the Etsy Finds Newsletter: I thought it was so much fun skimming through the themed e-mails and maybe finding new artists I wouldn't have otherwise come across. Lately, however, I've become a bit disillusioned with it: there are often themes that I have no interest in and more often than not, I see the same sellers over and over again. Don't get me wrong, these sellers are amazing artists and have great pieces, but one of the reasons I liked the newsletter so much was the introduction of new faces.

For a while now, I've been thinking about doing a few themed blog posts a week. I'm going to start with Friday Finds featuring a few themed items. For those of you who know me or feel like you might through this blog, you'll probably notice my affinity for strong women, jewelry, the unconventional, crafts, the beach, environmental awareness, and the medieval and renaissance time periods. That should give you some idea of the themes you will find... Also, please let me know of anything specific within those themes that you'd like to see!

6 comments:

Meri Greenleaf said...

Those themes sound fun! I can't wait to see what you pick out. :)

Athena's Armoury said...

Thanks, Meri! I'm looking forward to doing them.

It also dawned on me that I already do have one themed weekly blog post already: Simple Joy Sunday. So Friday Finds is my second. Yay!

Recreationalart said...

Hey! sorry to hear you have been feeling crummy!
I have themes as well on my blog...it tends to help me keep focused and know what I will be chatting about throughout the week - I can't wait to see your finds!!

Athena's Armoury said...

Thanks, Recreational! I was worried that if I started doing themed posts, I wouldn't be able to keep up with ideas. I have a bunch of ideas for finds, so far so good.

mermaiden said...

Love the idea! I admit i am getting completely disinterested in the same Etsy vintage finds and looks. Stir it up, Janine!

mermaiden said...

Great idea. I'm completely bored with Etsy's repetitive vintage and modern selections. Stir it up sister!