Friday, November 13, 2009

Friday Finds - Biking Accessories

The weather is finally starting to cool off down here in the Sunshine State. This weekend, in fact, it's supposed to be in the mid to upper 70's. I've been really looking forward to getting the cooler weather mainly because Scott and I got these amazing bikes over the summer and I can't wait to be able to get out and ride! We tried when we got them, but I nearly collapsed from heat stroke. Not fun.

We got Giant bikes and this particular model can be used both on the street and off road. Me being me, I had to get a standard bike instead of one specifically built for women. Partly because I hate the fact that things are considered either standard or for women (women aren't normal, I guess?) but also because the women's bike fit me a little too small (I'm a bit Amazonian). The regular bike also, somehow, felt more rugged and I like that (I miss my Jeep).

Because my bike is so rugged feeling, a handlebar pouch just doesn't feel right (and don't even get me near a handlebar basket!). I really like this hip pouch for carrying the necessities.



It's important when going on long rides to make sure you've got your miscellaneous bike repair accessories with you: bike tool, extra tube, pump, etc. This is such a great little roll up case to store everything in. Plus, it attaches under your seat. Click on the link to see it stored.



Right now, our garage is so packed with stuff, it's difficult to move. If I can find a bit of wall space, our bikes would be up out of the way and showed off quite nicely on these wall mounts.

No comments: