Sunday, January 10, 2010

Simple Joy Sunday

Finding the simple joys each week...

With the Bad Comes the Good
This week started out with Scott having to pull a 24 hour day at work, freezing weather, and the both of us starting to feel a little sickly. Since having moved down to FL from NY, I will readily admit that my blood has thinned and I'm feeling the cold more than ever. It is nice to have a change in the weather and be able to wear some nice big, cozy clothes but where the Hell are my gloves?!

I've also been pretty worried about my little green friends. Up until this weekend, I've been covering up my herbs with a sheet nightly. This weekend, we're expecting freezing temperatures so the herbs have come inside. Everything seems to be doing okay except the basil. The basil doesn't seem happy at all.

It's probably just the cold weather that has me feeling tired and run down, but I've been taking daily doses of Fire Cider anyway. That stuff is freaking potent (overwhelming to the taste buds potent), but it also seems to be working! I tried mixing some of it in with low sodium V8: very tasty & good for you, too!

I feel really bad for Scott being sickly, but it also gave me an opportunity to try a new herbal concoction: Triple Strength Throat Spray. He hasn't given me much feedback on it but after a day of using it and getting rest, he's doing better.

I had a refresher training course for my CPR certification this week. I appreciate having the knowledge, but would also appreciate if everyone refrained from going into cardiac arrest. Thanks.


In Other News
On Wednesday, I got to work only to discover that not only did I win a print from The Dreamy Giraffe, but I also sold a piece of armor: my chain maille Bishop's Mantle! I had another inquiry about a custom mantle recently and now this sale, guess it's the season for mantles.

It may of seemed obvious to everyone around me, but I finally realized that my goal for 2010 is improving (or getting out of, depending on how you look at it) my work situation. This gives me something positive to work towards. And no sooner did I blog about it, did the rest of my herbalism course show up in the mail! If there are no coincidences and the universe is trying to tell me something, it seems to be pretty loud and clear at the moment!


As always, check out more Simple Joy Sundays over at Cool Zebras. What were some of your joys this week?

3 comments:

Meri Greenleaf said...

Congrats on the mantle love! Who knew there was a season for those? ;)

And good luck with the herbalism- that's great that you're working towards your goal. :)

M Dawson said...

heavens! I hope Scott is able to let up soon. Even I am getting worried about him!!! Well done with the concoctions - they work I'm sure. Keep going girl!!

Athena's Armoury said...

Marjorie: These crazy schedule things happen in our business (theatre)! Luckily, it isn't *that* crazy all too often.

Thank you both for your support!!