Sunday, January 24, 2010

Simple Joy Sunday

Last week was fairly busy at work, so I honestly lost track of what, if any, simple joys happened. Let's see if I can do better with this week. Finding the simple joys each week...

I tried making fresh, homemade ginger ale based on this recipe by Aquarian Bath. It's a little sweet for my taste and definitely not as fizzy as store bought, but you can't beat the fresh ginger taste. So yummy!!

My Fantasy Artists of Etsy Street Team forum group decided it would be fun to do a monthly challenge. I'll go more into this in another post, but I was thrilled this week when inspiration finally hit. I had been thinking about it and thinking about it but was coming up blank and feeling completely uninspired. Needless to say, when inspiration finally struck, I was thrilled.

As I was trying to figure out what I was going to do for the challenge, I started going through some of my supplies. I found a bag full of findings, pendants, and beads from two years ago that I haven't touched yet. What have I been waiting for? These can be turned into all kinds of gorgeous things!

The FL Herb Society meeting this week was a topic that I didn't think I would have that much interest in, but it did turn out to be interesting and just being there and getting out made me happy. You can read my blog post from the meeting about herbal soup stocks.


A few weeks ago, Scott had some of his buddies over for a gaming night. Turns out that one of them owns (well, owned actually: they just sold) a Spice & Tea shop and noticed me making a cup of rooibos. The next time Scott saw him, he gave him a couple of different teas and some flavored sugar. I thought that was so sweet of him!


Lotus Bowl by De Braun Fine Ceramics

In the past, my friend Ramona gave me a few tools to help deal with an enormous amount of stress including the obsidian egg (dispels negativity and is a stone of protection) and quartz crystal (amplifies the stone that it's being used in conjunction with and is also a healing stone) you see here. This week, Ramona said that she had something for me. She had this crystal ball that told her it was time for it to move on. I actually remember Ramona doing a reading for me and used this ball at one point during it. She said it's smokey quartz, which would make sense to me, but I've never seen it look like this before. It's a pretty translucent black on two sides with a grey/clear/milky band around it that moves like tiger's eye. It really is a gorgeous stone. I've been told that it's good for helping with employment issues, in which case it's perfect for me right now. Ramona is so good to me.

I am so sad that my local Pearl Art Supply is closing! The only good thing about it is that I managed to score some great stuff for 75% off this week. It was pretty well picked over by the time I got to it, but I did manage to pick up some great little tins, prisma color pens, enameled copper wire, melt & pour soap (to hold me over until I figure out how to make soap from scratch), molds for bath bombs, and even one of those large glass jars with a spigot that always makes ice water with lemons floating in it look like a day at the spa.

Had a really nice time with Scott on Friday night. After work, we went to the awesome diner we discovered recently and got some dinner. It's always nice to spend some time together out and about.

As always, check out more Simple Joy Sundays over at Cool Zebras. What were some of your joys this week?

2 comments:

Heather said...

Those eggs and quartz are so pretty I can see how having them around would help!

Athena's Armoury said...

They are strangely soothing and stunning to look at.