Sunday, November 29, 2009

Simple Joy Sunday

Finding the simple joys each week...

This week kind of escaped me, so here are a few highlights.

Monday night I went shopping for birthday and Christmas presents for my best friend's little boy. While I was out, I found my new tree topper. I picked it up and put it down three times and then wandered around the store wondering if I should go for it. Finally, I decided that I could always return it. Enter Yoda wielding his light saber...


I have to admit, I really love him.

Spending time on a rainy day cuddled up on the couch, reading my book, and drinking tea.

Spending time with family on Thanksgiving. Scott and I went to his parents house and all of the siblings and all of their significant others and kids were there. It was really nice to see everyone.

Driving home from Thanksgiving, I saw a shooting star. First one I've ever seen in my whole life. It was so beautiful and so freaking cool.

Spending time making more herbal concoctions. I am so behind on blogging about what I've been making lately, but I promise I will share soon! On Saturday, I made Miracle Grains Facial Cleanser, Thyme Syrup, and Yogi Tea from scratch by decocting spices.

As always, check out more Simple Joy Sundays over at Cool Zebras. What were some of your joys this week?

3 comments:

www.rachaelsgarden.etsy.com said...

Haha - what an adorable story and great blog - I am following:)

Heather said...

Yoda is awesome! :) Where did you get him?

Athena's Armoury said...

I'm so glad you like my blog Rachael! Thanks for following.

Heather: I found him at Target. They also had Yoda string lights, but I didn't get that crazy.