Sunday, May 8, 2011

Simple Joy Sunday

I missed out on doing a Simple Joy Sunday blog post last week due to lots of work; not necessarily a bad thing, but I did miss my internets.  Let's see if we can get caught up...

I cut up my Tangerine Lavender soap last week.  It's lightly scented and such a pretty color!  I may not have all of my graphics and what not shop ready yet, but I think I might start listing my soap this week since I had a couple more people ask for it.  Who am I to deny a demanding public?  ;)  It also occurs to me that I'm going to have to order some more oil so I can make more soap -- I'm running pretty low!

I've been beading a bunch in the past couple of weeks which is something I really haven't done in a long time.  It's been a lot of fun!  I even got some new beaded stuff listed in the shop.  I don't know if it's just the fact that I've been paying a little more attention to the shop or if it's because of the few new items that I added recently, but I even made two sales this week.  Happy dance.

We got our new fence last week!  It's so bright and cheery!  It's amazing how much light reflects off of it and into the house, too.  They're still installing it in this picture:

fence installation

It's going to look so pretty with all of my greenlings in front of it!  That's the next large project, well combination of projects: the drainage and the raised garden bed.  We're getting a lot of stuff done this year, it just takes time (and I'm not necessarily one of the most patient people, especially when I'm excited to get something done).

I got approved for Project Wonderful and published my first Squidoo lens (3 Day for the Cure Essential Gear)!  My plans to monetize my blog and get word out about Athena's Armoury are continuing along nicely.    Again: slowly, but surely.

Remember a couple weeks back when I mentioned a blacksmithing course I wanted to take?  Yeah, well, the same arts center is now also offering a welding class!  It's probably not going to happen this summer (I just found out how much it's going to cost to repair my air conditioner -- nearly had a heart attack), but I will take both of these classes.  And I'm so excited for it!

I worked my first concert as a stagehand at a new (to me) venue!  Just a little more experience doing different things...  I also worked a load in for another Broadway show and was thrilled to get two extra hours of work on top of the norm.  Actually, as I was crossing the bay on the way to that load in, I spied a few dolphin.  I always feel like the universe is giving me a little gift when I see those guys.

I added Bee Balm, Lavender, and Catnip to my herb garden.  My friendly little toad made a mess of the lavender pot's soil: there was a huge hole where he burrowed and dirt thrown everywhere.  That little guy really makes a mess.  Meanwhile, the catnip got attacked in the night.  Jack (my kitty) alerted me that there was someone outside.  Upon investigation, I noticed one of the neighborhood cats molesting the catnip!  He knocked over the pot, was rolling around in it, and eating it!  I tried to recover it the best I could, but I don't know if the poor plant is going to make it.

I got home from a really long day framing to discover that my tech geek honey not only put in a new video card and fan for me (streaming videos + overheating = me not being able to use my computer for a lot of stuff) but even treated me to a super sexy new monitor.  Since I've been trying to work more from home on my computer, he thought that I could use more screen real estate.  I have to say, it is extremely convenient to have two windows open simultaneously to work from.  Isn't he just a doll?!

What were some of your simple joys this week?  Share below or write your own blog post (we can exchange links!).  I'd love to hear!

No comments: