Sunday, July 10, 2011

Simple Joy Sunday

This week's simple joys started with the 4th of July: Scott and I spent the day just hanging poolside before heading down to the beach to watch the fireworks.  I love watching the fireworks at the beach!  We saw a few really unique "fireworks" put out by people, too.  They were basically wee little hot air balloons.  I tried to get a picture, but it just looked like a bright splotch so you'll have to take my word for it.  Very cool.

I made a few sales in the shop this week of my Warrior Salve and soap!  I'm so happy to have products that actually help people (plus, I really need the sales).  I also had fun concocting a new foot soak.

My guest blogging series started this week and is already so much fun!  I loved Erthe Fae's post and enjoyed the reader feedback, too.

My soil sample was finally dry enough to package up and send off to be tested.  Hopefully when I get the results, I'll know what kind of soil amendments to make for the raised garden bed.  Can't wait to get that going!!

I'm a little late to the party with this one, but FishHawk featured my mixed metal bracelet in his  Thinking of Christmas Gifts in July post.


This isn't a joy, but it really made me laugh.  Overheard at work: an associate helping someone figuring out how to hang a shelf say "what kind of walls are they?" The answer? "White."

And, lastly, I had a cupcake.  =)

No comments: