Sunday, February 14, 2010

Simple Joy Sunday

Finding the simple joys each week...

Made myself a little herbal concoction this week: a little dream/sleep pouch. I guess most people actually make these as pillows, but I don't really sew and I thought it would be more practical to use a pouch that can be reopened to add a few drops of essential oil or refresh the herbs at a later date. Anyway, it smells amazing!

On Friday night, I sent Scott off to work and had a covert cookie making operation going on. I made some sugar cookies with frosting for Valentine's Day, but wanted to surprise him so I had to mask the smell of baking. I masked the smell of cookies with the smell of apple cake. He loves apples, so I thought it would be the perfect cover up. Turns out, I didn't need to worry about it... he came home so stuffed up that he couldn't breathe. Oh well, there was yummy apple cake anyway.

In all honesty, this week was a little brutal with work, Scott having the sniffles, and just not a lot of fun stuff going on. Hopefully there will be more joys next week, but I'm grateful for the few I had this week!

As always, check out more Simple Joy Sundays over at Cool Zebras. What were some of your joys this week?

4 comments:

mermaiden said...

one or two simple joys can actually feel like a lot, some weeks eh?

Anonymous said...

the apple cake was a great idea!

A simple joy for me this week was scheduling a trail ride for my daughter. She is horse crazy but has never been in the company of one,
(horses are rare in Hawaii)
and I am really happy I get to introduce her to these wonderful companions in person.

Kristin Aquariann said...

Sorry to hear you had a brutal week! Your baked goodies and herbal concoction sound wonderful, at least! :D

Athena's Armoury said...

Julie: and actually remembering them makes a world of a difference, too. It wasn't just a shitty week, there was some good there!

Starrlight: That's wonderful! I bet your daughter was thrilled! Thanks for sharing.

Kristin: It was a little bit of joy in quite a bit of crazy.