Sunday, September 11, 2011

Where Were You?

Ten years ago today, my city, my home was attacked.  Ten years ago today, a high school friend was an EMT responding to the call and died.  Ten years ago today, I was on tour with The Vagina Monologues in Vancouver, on the opposite side of the continent in a different country.  Our Canadian friends were horrified and so completely supportive of us in our time of need.  I know none of us will forget where we were or who we were with when we got the news that the Towers fell.  It's something that will be with us for the rest of our lives just like Pearl Harbor or when Kennedy was assassinated.

It may seem strange, but Budweiser released this commercial to pay tribute to the fallen, to the city, to the country... and it gets me every time.

No comments: