Saturday, March 27, 2010

Call for Raffle Donations to Support BOOBS!

To date, the majority of my fundraising for the 3 Day has been in the form of letters, chatting up people, and social media promotion. Through those outlets alone, I have already raised $850 - only $1,450 to go! I'm excited to announce my first true fundraising event! Sure, it's a virtual event, but an event nonetheless!

As part of my fundraising, I will be raffling off items from my blog. Some items I will make or I will have donated from local businesses (show tickets!). Others will come from the loving and supportive arts & crafts community. This is a call out to all of you amazing artists and crafters for items to donate.


~*~ This is how it will work. ~*~
-Amazing crafter provides me with picture(s), a detailed description of the item, and an estimated value or simply directs me to an item in their shop where I can gather all of this information. All of this information will be in your item’s listing in the raffle in addition to your shop information.

-The raffle will run for one month.

-In order for all raffle ticket purchases to go towards fundraising, I will direct people straight to my profile at the 3 Day website (as opposed to Paypal which will deduct fees).

-The minimum donation of $5 (which is the minimum that can be donated at the 3 Day website) will be the equivalent of 1 ticket, $10 will be for 3, $20 for 7, and $50 for 20 tickets.

-I will require everyone that purchases raffle tickets to leave a comment on my blog post with their first name, e-mail address, and number of tickets purchased so that I can cross reference their information at my 3 Day Personal Page (where they make their donation) and be sure that I have a way of contacting them to receive their winning item.

-I will promote the auction on my blog, on Facebook, and twitter as well as among all of my online communities and encourage all participants to do the same.

-If you are able to include your product donation on your taxes, I am more than glad to supply you with the 3 Day’s tax ID number.

-I will use a random number generator to pick the raffle winners.

-At the completion of the raffle, I will notify the winners via e-mail that they won and I will notify my lovely donation crafters of their mailing address. As part of your donation, I will ask that you take care of shipping your item and try to have it shipped out within three business days of receipt of their address.


~*~ Why would you want to do this? There are a few reasons. ~*~
-Free promotion: in addition to promoting the raffle, I talk about this event a lot and boast about the angels that support me & the cause.
-A possible tax deduction: if you include your Etsy business on your taxes, that is.
-Getting your work out there: the more people that see your fabulous goods, the more likely they are to come back or tell their friends about you.
-Supporting an amazing cause: if you’ve got boobs and, yes we ALL do, you benefit from supporting the 3 Day.


~*~ Important Dates ~*~
-This Etsy forum thread will be open to accepting item donations until Sunday, April 4, 2010. Donations can still be made after this point, but I need somewhere to start!
-The raffle will go live on Monday, April 12, 2010 and stay open for one month.
-The raffle will close at 11:59pm on Sunday, May 9, 2010.
-The drawing will occur on Monday, May 10, 2010. And winners will be notified promptly at the completion of the drawing.

Again, visit this thread to let me know what you'd like to donate.


One in eight women in the U.S. will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime. Without a cure, one person will die of breast cancer every 13 minutes in the United States. That's why I'm walking in the 3-Day for the Cure: because everyone deserves a lifetime. I hope that you'll share this incredible adventure with me by supporting me in my fund raising efforts.

If you’d like to make a monetary donation, go to my personal fund raising page: http://www.the3day.org/goto/Janine.Vanderhoff

If you have any questions or want to hear more about what I'm doing, I love talking about the event. Thank you for taking the time to read this message. Thank you in advance for your generosity!

2 comments:

MustBeNuts said...

Sounds like a great idea! I hope it goes well for you. Looking forward to checking out your items : )

Athena's Armoury said...

Thank you! There's a lot of really great stuff already. I can't wait to go live with it!