Sunday, March 28, 2010

Simple Joy Sunday

Finding the simple joys each week...

Fresh strawberries. I love fresh strawberries. Strawberries made me happy this week.

I managed to catch a 50% off sale of an Etsy shop that carries packaging supplies. I placed an order for a bunch of stuff to play with for my herbal concoctions. I have a few ideas of some products that I'd love to start carrying, so I really need to work out the details like this.

My honey recently started working on the shelves he's custom building for his office.... ahem.... game library. He's been working on them off and on since we moved into the house two years ago. Needless to say, I'm thrilled that he started working on them again: I can't wait to get all of the boxes of games (yeah, he's got literally hundreds) out of the dining room.

My yarrow is starting to blossom!! I've had it since last summer and this is the first time that I've seen little white heads starting to bud. I can't wait to see it flower!

After working two really long days, I didn't have to go in on Friday. I spent the majority of the day cleaning the house in preparation for my mom's visit later this week. Yeah, house cleaning sucks but it really does make me happy to have the place clean (I know OCD). On top of that, usually by the time I'm done with that much work I'm ready to collapse on the couch. Not this time! I was still feeling really good and went for a training walk. I'm really happy to see my energy levels are up. It's amazing what a good attitude and some regular exercise will do!

Saturday was absolutely gorgeous out! I had all of the windows open and was thoroughly enjoying the fresh air while I spent the day working on my new Pink Warrior Chain Maille Collection. I got a few pieces done and hope to either get some more done today or get the already finished pieces photographed. It's coming along!

As always, check out more Simple Joy Sundays over at Cool Zebras. What were some of your joys this week?

3 comments:

Heather said...

I'm so excited it is supposed to be almost 70 here next week.

Shannon said...

My simple joy this week was spending a nice quiet evening with my husband while the kids stayed the night and grandma and grandpa's house.

Athena's Armoury said...

Enjoy your beautiful weather, Heather! Get outside and do something fun.

Shannon, that sounds really great. I hope you enjoyed the quiet time you and your man got to spend together.