Sunday, March 21, 2010

Simple Joy Sunday

Finding the simple joys each week...

I received a huge batch of herbs for Lesson 2 of my herbalism course. I'll be making some herbal oils and salves and taste testing for my herbal reference file. My work room is being overrun by herbs! Maybe I'll spend some time today rearranging the shelving in my closet where I store them...

I met up with a friend from the Herb Society yesterday and went to a Green Fest over near the beach. It wasn't a very big event, but a really lovely way to spend a few hours outside in gorgeous weather and being social. A few of the vendors were fellow Herb Society members, so it was nice to see so many of us out. I got to talking to one woman about a patch in my yard that is covered by my neighbor's tree and the land is lower than theirs so it gets all of their rain, too. Needless to say, grass won't grow there so I was wondering if there might be some herbs that would. She recommended mint and happened to have a lavender mint plant that smelled amazing. We'll see how it goes!

My mom sent down a HUGE loaf of Irish Soda Bread. She's an excellent cook & baker so it's a real treat.

Come visit tomorrow for an update on my 3 Day experiences!

As always, check out more Simple Joy Sundays over at Cool Zebras. What were some of your joys this week?

No comments: