Creativity today was a bit of a challenge, but not without trying. I attempted to work on three different projects and couldn't finish any of them because I'm missing parts. A trip to the hardware store after work tomorrow & I should have everything I need to keep me creatively busy for the next few days!
So, I moved onto another project that I've needed to do for a while now and must admit, I've been putting off. I am NOT a graphic designer. I can't even pretend to be. But I need labels. I've been promising to get my sore muscle salve into the shop for longer than I care to admit for people that are actually asking for it. When I ran out of other projects today, I figured I should start working on it. Well, let's just say that it's been a challenging afternoon. I got Avery labels and figured that it would be easy enough to download their template and play around. They only have templates for Microsoft Word & I use Open Office on my main computer. Open Office can usually open any Word documents, but I'm guessing that opening a template is a little different. Even when I found templates for Open Office, they weren't for the right Avery labels that I'm using. So... I attempted to use the Avery Design Online software. Needless to say, it's a little limiting. Actually, it's very limiting. It only uses specific file formats, so the picture that I originally wanted to use wasn't working. I couldn't use my font of choice. There was a crazy circle around the labels I couldn't get rid of... GAH!!
At one point of great frustration, I just had to walk away from the computer for a few minutes. I went outside and hung up a couple cute sun catchers (one of which, I realize, you can't see very well in this shot) and a really pretty chime.
After spending a few minutes outside, I came back & started from scratch and figured a few things out. The good news is that I learned how to make a transparent background on pictures and I finally have a work in progress label. It's certainly not perfect (yet) but it's a start at least. Here's a little glimpse of what I'm working on:
Here's to the possibility of new labels at some point this evening and frustration free creativity for the next few days!!
By the way, I tried the homemade dishwasher detergent that I made on Day 2 last night & it worked prettty well!!
Psst: I just finished working on the Warrior Salve labels & should have it listed in the shop within the next few days!!!