Monday, June 6, 2011

Simple Joy Sunday on Monday

Yesterday, I was just plain dead tired.  I was lucky that I got Day 5 of 30 Days of Creativity done, although barely.  It's a day late, but here are my simple joys from last week...

Spent a fun Memorial Day with Scott going to see Thor and eating at a Mongolian barbecue.  Thor wound up being a really fun movie despite mixed reviews from the critics.  Can't wait for Captain America, Harry Potter, and Green Lantern this summer.  It's going to be a decent summer for movies.

I went swimming in the pool a couple times this week!  Last summer, when I was training for the 3 Day, I didn't use our pool at all.  After spending the morning outside walking for miles in the sun & heat, all I wanted to do was get out of the sun, into air conditioning, and showered.  I've always loved the water, so I really missed it!

I discovered the yummimess of Greek yogurt this week.  I love how tangy it is!  Plus, it's so good for you; better than the traditionally sweet yogurt, actually.  Yum, yum, yum.

It's been a while since I was exercising regularly & that needs to change.  I'm not happy with how I look and feel, so I need to do something about it.  I started with Pilates and Yoga this week and felt amazing afterward.  The other thing I need to do: stop snacking on sugary and fatty treats so much.  Seriously, it's gotten a little out of control recently.  I'm making a commitment to my health; not to mention that whole swimming thing, so it will help with the bathing suit wearing.

30 Days of Creativity started this week & I'm loving it!!  The first project that I did (the sugar scrub) was inspired by a friend and it was so much fun to do (both making the project and blogging about it).  The homemade dishwasher detergent project was born out of necessity but I actually find researching how to do things like that a lot of fun.  The next couple of days, I worked on some projects for the shop.  Playing with the stamping seals was definitely a learning experience.  Working on my labels was also very much a learning experience, extremely frustrating at times, fun to learn how to make a transparent background in Gimp, and satisfying at the end when I finally had a finished product.  I was really thrilled with the amount of traffic that my blog got on that first day of the challenge and then really bummed when it didn't keep up.  Thing is, that's not the point.  It would be awesome if this project brings more traffic here, but the point is making being creative every single day a priority.  And that's happening.  And I love it.

My horoscope this month includes a quote that I love:

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." -Carl Sandburg

This is not the first time that I've heard this quote and know that hearing it again is no coincidence.  My dreams used to be very clear cut, but I've been in a transition for the past few months.  I think it's time to get focused and start living my dreams.  

What were some of your simple joys this week?  Share below or write your own blog post (we can exchange links!).  I'd love to hear!

No comments: