Friday, September 2, 2011

Friday Finds: Portland, OR

Scott and I have recently been having a love affair with Portland, OR.  The fact that there are farmer's markets everywhere, the city is walker/biker friendly, it's eco-friendly, artsy, chock full of independent business, has amazing coffee/wine/beer, and has tons of outdoorsy, recreational activities in addition to city life makes me love it all the more.  I was there once while on tour with a show and didn't get to experience the city as much as I'd like, but I want to go back.


We Belong in Portland Print 5x7 by Little Canoe


Portland Transit Token Cufflinks - Oregon by QA Create


Hollywood Theater - Portland, OR -photograph 8x12 by Youngbell Photography


4 comments:

Della said...

I have been through Portland a few times on my way to the coast, when we lived out west. It's a pretty cool city, and not too far from the coast. If you are ever out that way, you must head over to Astoria. Great little town! Awesome and historic! While over that way, you may as well cross over the Columbia River into Washington, and over to Ilwaco.

LittleCanoe said...

Thank you for featuring my print! Portland truly is a wonderful city. Most of the people I know who live here feel like they're constantly having a love affair with the place. It's quite a stellar community with so much to offer. You should definitely come visit and experience it for yourself. But just a warning, you may never want to leave!

Memories for Life said...

I have some friends in Oregon and I hope to visit some day! I've never been to the West Coast!

Athena's Armoury said...

Thanks for the recommendations, Della! I'll have to remember them for when/if we ever get out there.

littlebird: I have a feeling that I wouldn't want to leave. We need to figure out if we'll be able to work there & we'd be sold on it!

memories: You must make a trip to the West Coast at some point! There are so many amazing places to go both in the US & Canada (Vancouver is my second most favorite city).