Sunday, September 18, 2011

Simple Joy Sunday

Here are some things that made my week happy...

Purging!  I am so not an obsessive shoe girl, but my closet was actually pretty full of them.  I'd buy shoes for special occasions and then they would sit there for years (occasions to get *that* gussied up don't come too often).  I actually had shoes in my closet from about 15 years ago!  I have a brown grocery bag FULL of shoes that are falling apart, that don't fit, or that I haven't worn in years.  I love clearing out unnecessary things and making space; donating to a worthy cause is a plus, too.

I'm having a lot of fun learning Wordpress and building my new website.  There's so much to learn but it is a lot of fun!  See more in my post here.

I joined a new Meetup group called Sticks and Twigs Nature Girl.  The main point of the group is an appreciation of nature and the outdoors.  They have some fun stuff planned already including a hike in a local nature preserve.  I'm really looking forward to the opportunity to meet other women with similar outdoorsy interests!

I started the next phase of my workout to kick my ass and get into shape: Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30.  As you may remember, I *loved* her 30 Day Shred, so I'm really looking forward to this!  If it's anything like the Shred was, I expect the workouts to be totally kick ass and expect great results.  (This is only Day Two, so no review yet.)

Lastly, I was driving into my neighborhood on my way home from work one day and had to stop.  There were a few ducks crossing the road.  =)

What made you smile this week?  I'd love to hear, if you'd like to share in the comments below!

2 comments:

Dita Maulani said...

I'm shoes sucker and I'm pretty curious what shoes you've thrown away. Lol

I'm happy because my shop, wonderlost, made few sales today (:

dita

Athena's Armoury said...

Actually, I considered snapping pic's and putting some of them up on Craigslist or ebay, but decided it just wasn't worth it.

Congrats on your sales!!