Friday, January 15, 2010

Friday Finds - How I Spent My Day

With my wonky work schedule, I already did my time this week so I didn't have to go in today. I tell ya, though, I did more work at home today than I would of had I gone to work.

There was quite a pile of dishes that needed to be dealt with. Unfortunately, they were NOT the kind that could go into the dishwasher so I was doing it the old fashioned way. I would have really loved to let the machine deal with it though because I'm dying to try some handmade dishwasher detergent.


After finally taking down the tree (the holidays really are A LOT of work!!), I spent a good amount of time sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming. This carpet freshener looks like it would smell divine:


Finally, I threw together some dinner before Scott had to go to work. I love my herbs and have a very nice container garden of herbal goodness, but there are some herbs that just do not do well in Florida so I keep a variety of dried herbs on hand as well.


I finished off my day by packaging up an order of stretchy chain maille, straining some herbal concoctions, and having a glass of red wine. It wasn't necessarily a fun day, but it certainly was productive!! Hope you had a good one!

3 comments:

Magickal Enchantments said...

Thank you so much for featuring my Carpet Freshener!
I appreciate that very much.
You have a lovely blog.
Thanks again,
Kat

mermaiden said...

you just gotta break down and do that stuff, though! i cannot cook dinner in a dirty kitchen, and my work space has to be in good repair in order for me to think clearly.
let us know how those awesome natural cleaners work out :D

Athena's Armoury said...

It was my pleasure, Kat! Thanks for stopping by.

Julie, I hear ya. My work room looks like a bomb went off in it lately. Maybe that's why I haven't been in there much...