Sunday, January 31, 2010

Simple Joy Sunday

Finding the simple joys each week...

I've been doing more cooking than I used to and am surprisingly not minding it so much. My attitude has always been that I like to eat, but really don't like to cook. Probably since around Christmas, I've been doing a good job of cooking on a semi regular basis and making lots of extras so that we have leftovers. It's so nice seeing a full refrigerator! And the strange thing is that I haven't really minded doing it! Don't tell my mom... I'll never live it down.

One day that I was feeling kind of cranky at work this week, Scott brought in Chinese food (I've been craving it for weeks now!) and a Black and White Cookie (one of my all time favorites) to make me smile. It worked. He's such a sweetie!

I haven't really picked up my pliers much in the last few months, but inspired by the Fantasy Artists of Etsy Street Team's monthly challenge I created a new piece. It felt really good to have my pliers in my hands and be working with metal again. Check out my blog post about my challenge piece!

Taking a walk, getting some fresh air, and holding hands with my sweetie. It was so nice to spend time together. Plus, a walk & fresh air is such a simple thing, but can really make a difference when you're stuck at work.

My psychic friend Ramona that gave me the crystals last week, gave me another prezzie this week. She treated herself to a new deck of tarot cards and likes to give away an old set when she buys new so I was the lucky recipient of deck of Angel Oracle Cards.

Scott & I went to see Avatar this week and let me tell you: it was amazing. I was afraid that the 3D would make me sick (I am extremely sensitive and apt to getting motion sickness), but it was really well done and the CGI was woven so seamlessly into the movie. The visuals were gorgeous, the acting was great, and the message is as pertinent as ever (I only hope that it gets across).

I spent a good amount of time straightening up my work room. It's not perfect, but it feels so much better being able to at least see the top of my desk!

Okay, not only did I make my FAEteam challenge piece this week, but I also spent Saturday working on two new maille pieces and photographing a beaded necklace & earring set! I haven't had a day like that in a long time and it felt really good.

As always, check out more Simple Joy Sundays over at Cool Zebras. What were some of your joys this week?

6 comments:

Heather said...

Nice surprises in the cookie and the Tarot cards. I've heard such mixed things about Avatar. Of course we haven't been to a movie in ages...so.

Athena's Armoury said...

I highly recommend it, if you do manage to get out!

sewitsforyou said...

oh I love black and white cookies. The best ones of course are from NYC ...

mermaiden said...

lovely sense of rejuvenation and inspiration about you :D

Athena's Armoury said...

Julie (sewitsforyou): You're right. They are the best. But then, if you ask me anything in NY is the best. =) Don't tell the B&W cookies, but I also adore rainbow cookies.

Julie (mermaiden): Thanks! It's feeling really great to be working again. My heart is happy.

Shannon said...

A little bit of fresh air can work wonders for the mood! When my little ones were babies and I was home all day with them, I used to just go stand outside and BREATHE! It changes everything!
Sounds like you have a great guy too! Aren't they wonderful?!
Glad you have found your inspiration!!