Tuesday, June 9, 2009

From Yesterday's Blues to Today's Excitement

Sorry about that downer post yesterday, but I now have some excitement to counteract it!

First of all, I woke up to an overnight Etsy sale: my Chain Maille Rosette Watchband. Sales in general still have not gotten old and, for some reason, waking up to them is even better. I just think it's so much fun knowing that someone was mysteriously scoping out my goods overnight and some kind of magic happened thus creating a sale. The selling fairies were with me during the night!

Next, a past customer has contacted me about doing another custom piece for her! Our first collaboration resulted in an amazing (if I do say so myself) purse which I need to share with you in another post.

And the last bit of Armoury excitement: a girl I work with has commissioned me to make her a chain maille ring. We first started talking about doing a European weave similar to the one at right (available in my Etsy shop or my Artfire shop), but using gold, sterling, and copper and making the weave a little denser. The design changed drastically today when she saw the diamond shaped Japanese 12-2 ring I'm wearing. I showed it to her as an example of something and she loved it. So, now we're going with that in gold and sterling. It's going to look amazing in those metals. Plus, this is the first opportunity that I have had to work in gold, so I'm very excited.

On a personal note... As you probably gathered from my last post, I'm kind of desperate for a little bit of fun. Work has been dragging me down for a while and it's been a long, long time since I've been able to get away (we bought our house two years ago and have spent every extra dime we have dealing with some stuff). After looking at our finances, it just didn't seem like it was going to happen again this year, but I didn't give up looking. Today, I found some hotel rates over in St. Augustine that I think we'll be able to afford for a nice long weekend away. There's a beach there, a fort, a fun walking around area, and supposedly a really nice museum. Then Scott came up with a fun idea: we've been talking about getting bikes for a while now and this might be a great opportunity to get a couple to tool around the town. I probably shouldn't get excited yet because we really haven't made plans yet, but I can't help it!!

No comments: