Sunday, June 21, 2009

Simple Joy Sunday

Monday morning I was smacked with a hardcore head cold. And of course, did I call in sick, oooooh no... I also just don't understand summertime colds -- they just really shouldn't exist. Here it is the weekend and it's not totally gone yet. Blech. I am grateful, however, that it was just a cold and didn't turn into something worse.

Scott has been working on building some entertainment towers for our TV room (the one that had to get rebuilt last summer) for a very, very long time now. On Tuesday, I came home to them nearly complete! It was so exciting to see that room in such better condition! Then, lo and behold, by Saturday they were completely done! Check 'em out:


Athena's Armoury has continued to make me happy this week with another custom piece discussion. Nothing is set yet, but it sounds like a fun project if it happens.

I had inspiration this week to add another themed blog post (in addition to this one!): Friday Finds. I'm really looking forward to sharing & exploring and look forward to hearing what you'd like to see. You can see the first installment here.

I actually did finally call in sick on Friday. After working a twelve hour day on Thursday, I only had four hours to put in on Friday and decided it just wasn't worth it and that I'd rather stay home and try and get some rest instead. While I was showering, I had an idea by osmosis for my faire tent. I got out of the shower and started sketching a little bit. There's still a lot to think about and work out, but it's a start!

Really got into a groove on Saturday taking pictures. Taking pictures, editing, and listing: although necessities to online selling, has never been my favorite part. So, when I get into a groove and actually get some done, it's a good day and I'm grateful that I had the wherewithal to do it.

As always, check out more Simple Joy Sundays over at Cool Zebras.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Very cool towers!

The listing process is my least favorite part too.

Thanks for playing again. I hope to be back to Simply Joys next week, but I linked to you today!

Athena's Armoury said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your simple joy's next week!