Sunday, May 16, 2010

Simple Joy Sunday

Finding the simple joys each week...

Despite being slightly perturbed that my truck didn't start this week, it turned into a simple joy when I saw the technician that AAA sent: it was a woman! Being the woman warrior that I am, I am always thrilled to see women working in fields that are dominated by men. She inspired this Woman Warrior blog post.

Scott and I have this thing: we love to go to the movies, but we hate dealing with the insane crowds on the weekends. We've started going on the Monday night after opening weekend instead. It's perfect: there's usually hardly anyone there! So, on Monday night after work we went out. I *found* a gift card on the street a few months back to Maggiano's (an Italian restaurant), so we went there for dinner: for free! Then, we hit the Imax theater in St. Pete to see Iron Man. I highly recommend it, it was a lot of fun (definitely check out the first one, too). It was so gorgeous out after the movie, that we stopped as the local beer garden for a drink. They had some great blues music playing, there was a warm, gentle breeze, the beer was cold, and the greenery in the garden was beautiful. It was such a nice evening!!

I had yet another thoroughly enjoyable evening last night! Scott went off to play games with his friends leaving me to my own devices at home with the cat. I made some green iced tea with lemongrass and mint from my herb garden -- it so refreshing and tasty. I sat outside on the lanai reading my book and eating seaweed salad and sushi. Then Jack the cat and I came back inside to crash on the couch and get caught up on The Tudors. It was such a nice way to spend the night.

As always, check out more Simple Joy Sundays over at Cool Zebras. What were some of your joys this week?

No comments: