Tuesday, May 31, 2011

30 Days of Creativity

I love to make things and work with my hands.  Big surprise for a crafter, I know.  Thing is, I often tend to think more practically, draw inside the lines, think inside the box, learn from manuals, etc.  My creative brain often kicks in AFTER my logical brain has the foundation laid for how something works.  Often, but not always.  Your brain can (and should!!) be exercised.  So, I'm going to take the month of June to train my brain to be more creative.



30 Days of Creativity is a social initiative encouraging people to create stuff (anything) every day for 30 days in June. You can participate by using the hash tag  #30daysofcreativity on Twitter or by posting on Pinterest where they will have a board for everyday of the challenge.  


Here are 30 Reasons to Participate, according to the organizers:


Garner a sense of accomplishment.
Form a (good) habit.
Conquer the fear of the unknown.
Find new friends.
Solve problems.
Refine your skillz.
Experiment with something new.
Defeat the resistance that’s in your head.
Save $ by being creative.
Build your portfolio.
Motivate friends and family to be creative too.
Exercise the creativity we’re all born with.
Overcome writer’s block.
Utilize the drafting table, DLSR Camera, Guitar you bought years ago.
Break the monotony of not doing anything creative.
Make your mom proud.
Network with other like-minded people.
Challenge yourself daily.
Show off and be proud of your creative work.
Join a creative community.
Do something free of judgment.
Move beyond your comfort zone
Inspire others.
Get excited about new things.
Improve time management.
Eliminate procrastination.
Have fun.
Gain self discipline.
Use this as an excuse to buy a new (camera/screenprinter/piano/etc).
Create stuff you’ve been wanting to do anyway.


They even provide you with a calendar for inspiration:

So, who's with me?

2 comments:

UniqueNique said...

Ok you have inspired me I am off to see if I can make a go of this good luck to you too.

Athena's Armoury said...

Yay! Can't wait to see what we (lol) come up with!