Saturday, May 14, 2011

What Kind of Promotional Products Do You Use?

I've been doing a lot of reading, research, and work on promoting my shop and blog lately.  Ultimately, most of the work I've done and ideas that I've read about have been for online promotion.  That said, I have an event that I will be vending next weekend (more on that soon!) so I was also thinking about promotional products.  To date, I usually include a little charm like this with all of my orders:

macro 365/36 - Samples / Promos for Handmade Holiday Bazaar

It's a little something that has a minimal cost involved so far as the metal goes, but it does take time to make a significant batch of them.

Recently, someone suggested to me that maybe I should think about doing something like promotional pens or customized mugs when I add teas in the apothecary section of the shop.  The idea of doing mugs sounds somewhat appealing to me but I think it's a bit out of my price range right now.  Not only is there a cost for the item, but most places have some kind of logo charge and set up fee.

A lot of small, crafty businesses either make their own promotional items (as I have or like some graphic artists who put their artwork on magnets and such) or they buy stickers, scratch offs, etc. from other small, crafty businesses.  What are some things that you do to help promote your shop?  Do you have ideas for fun little promotional products that customers can walk away with that will make them remember you when they get home from the fair or remember to reorder from your shop?  Let's share some ideas!

2 comments:

Kristin Aquariann said...

Cute charms! But if you don't have a way to permanently attach your shop address to it, I'm not sure it works so well as a promotional item. I make my own promotional magnets and give them away with orders instead of business cards. They're about a quarter of the size of the magnets I sell and don't cost too much to make.

Athena's Armoury said...

True, true. I guess I should have said that these were little freebies or gift with purchase kind of things. Guess I still need to work on a promotional product idea in addition to or instead of these guys & biz cards.

I have one of your promo magnets from a while ago. If you're using the same kind, they're really great quality. They really show off your artwork beautifully. I have it in my workroom with a few others from crafters. =)