Friday, May 20, 2011

Women Riders Event This Saturday!

As those of you that follow me on twitter know (and those that don't, click on the linky over there on the right side bar), I've been busy getting ready for an event this weekend.  I've only had about a week to get ready for it, so it's been a bit hectic here in the Armoury. 

I've been busy creating some new pieces including scale maille flower pendants, stretchy bracelets, new Pink Warrior pieces, a couple new necklaces, keychains, etc; and herbal goodness including candles and Sleep Pillows.

I downloaded an app for my Android phone called Square which will let me process credit cards through my phone.  They sent me a free reader and it only costs 2.75% of each swipe.  I tested it out the other day and it couldn't be easier.  I love this little thing and can't wait to use it on Saturday.

The Details:
The event is being held at Jim's Harley Davidson in St. Pete this Saturday, May 21; 10:00-2:00.  Jim's is teaming up with Bikers Raising Awareness (the non-profit that my 3 Day walking team stemmed from last year) to raise money and awareness for breast cancer.  It's a women rider event featuring live music, a poker walk, silent auction, vendors, beer and a 50/50 raffle.  Register for $10 and you can attend a slew of seminars about biking, you will get a free lunch, one poker walk hand, a bag full of goodies as well as two chances to win two $100 Jim’s Harley-Davidson Shopping Sprees.




If you're in the area, be sure to stop by (even if you don't register) to check out the live music & vendors.  It's going to be a beautiful day and I look forward to meeting you!


If you're a 3 Day walker & still trying to figure out your gear, don't forget to check out my Squidoo lens featuring some of what I found to be Essential 3 Day Gear


No comments: